Thank you for taking the time to write a reference for a potential new member! We are blessed with alumnae who wish to be involved in the recruitment process. It ensures the Tri Delta legacy continues as more wonderful young women join our sisterhood. Since new alumnae are writing references each year and the process and vernacular change year to year (“rush” is now “recruitment” and a “rushee” is now a “potential new member”), please take the time to read the following pointers.
- Membership: It is strongly advised that references be submitted by Dallas Alumnae Chapter dues paying members. Tri Delta is for a lifetime and you want that sisterhood for your potential new member.Being a member of the Dallas Alumnae Chapter reflects your commitment to that sisterhood. Additionally, the presence of a strong alumnae chapter aids us in recruitment. Please click here to join the Dallas Alumnae Chapter.
- Register with Dallas Panhellenic: Potential new members should register with the Dallas Alumnae Panhellenic Association. The Dallas Alumnae Panhellenic Association hosts an annual Recruitment Forum each spring for high school seniors interested in joining a sorority. They provide a booklet with valuable information about the recruitment process, including what each sorority requires for their reference packets. Their list of registered high school seniors is available to all reference chairmen so it is in the potential new member’s best interest to have her name on that list. See http://www.dallaspanhellenic.org/. It is also MANDATORY for your potential new member to register with Panhellenic at the university she plans to attend. This information can be found on the university’s website.
- Follow the Reference Writer’s Instructions and provide a complete Reference Packet:Inform the potential new member regarding everything Tri Delta needs for a completed reference packet. Have her give you the information in digital format. Our Reference Writer’s Instructions give a detailed list of Tri Delta’s requirements.
- Confidentiality: Be assured that all information is kept confidential.
- Abide by the MAY 1 DEADLINE:The completed reference packet is due to the Dallas Alumnae Reference Chairman by May 1. Please adhere to this deadline as your potential new member will have better exposure when her reference packet is submitted on time. If a college decision is not finalized by May 1, you still need to get the reference packet to the Reference Chairman by the May 1 deadline. Once a school is decided on, the packet will be sent to the appropriate university.
Kristie Sanford Staffieri
Dallas Area Reference Chairman